The mind contains within it the entirety of human experience and then some.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Survival of the witless

I was treated to a very racially charged political debate today and as I was listening I couldn't help but think of the aggression being spewed about and how little it had to do with practical survival. This got me thinking of how survival in this era has very little to do with survival in a classic natural sense, and yet for all the differences the rules are brutally simple and concise.

If you can accept the notion of growth and change separate from the theory of evolution I think you have to question the values we have collectively chosen to exalt as a species. Viscous cold hearted cutthroat convoluted trickery should not be a solid tactical approach to ones dealings with others, but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment